Wednesday, 12 August 2026

To All The Men I've Killed Before by Katy Brent (Audiobook)

 



Kitty Collins is on a mission. She's determined to seek revenge on the man who brutally attacked her best friend. Kitty heads to Los Angeles on the trail of Aiden Ward, but she's not alone this time. Alongside Kitty is her newly found half-sister, Antoinette, a serial killer in training.

To All The Men I've Killed Before by Katy Brent follows on directly from I Bet You'd Look Good In A Coffin (you can read my review here). This is the third book in the Kitty Collins series, and is definitely my favourite. While you can read them as standalone stories, I would recommend reading them in order to see the character development. I found the audiobook engrossing. I was totally consumed by the story, thanks to the wonderful narration of Victoria Morrison and Imogen Front. I found myself losing huge chunks of time as I listened to "just one more chapter".

After the events of the previous book and the end of her relationship, mellow Kitty is no more; we're back to the empowered woman determined to rid the world of predators. First and foremost, however, is her determination to avenge her friend. The perpetrator has fled to LA. and Kitty doesn't hesitate in following him. The addition of her half-sister to the storyline certainly adds to the narrative. Kitty has honed her skills over the years, but being in an unfamiliar location brings problems of its own without the added complication of Antoinette discovering how much she enjoys killing. The humour is dark and firmly tongue in cheek, but there is a strong ethical message focused around the #MeToo movement.

I did like the range of characters introduced, particularly the private investigator Travis. The array of different characters keeps you guessing as to the identity of the villain, and there are plenty of twists to add to the uncertainty. As the story sped towards the conclusion, not only was I still unsure, I was also worried for the fate of Kitty and Antoinette. The twist involving Kitty herself certainly puts a new spin on things, opening a whole host of new problems for any future books.

To All The Men I've Killed Before by Katy Brent will be published on 27th August 2026 in paperback, ebook, and audio format. My thanks to NetGalley and HarperCollins UK for a review copy.

Author Details

Katy Brent is the author of three novels. Previously an award-winning journalist, she always dreamed of writing a book and lockdown finally gave her the excuse to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To All The Men I've Killed Before by Katy Brent (Audiobook)

  Kitty Collins is on a mission. She's determined to seek revenge on the man who brutally attacked her best friend. Kitty heads to Los A...