Monday 26 September 2022

Last Circle Of Love by Lorna Landvik


When  a group of church fundraisers are looking for a new idea to raise money for their ailing church someone suggests writing an "ABC of Erotica". As the members of the group, their partners and some other members of the church begin to reflect on what they would include in the book lots of memories are revived and some hostilities arise.

I must admit that previously I hadn't read anything by Lorna Landvik, even though I have a couple of her books on my TBR pile. Who can resist titles such as Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons or Chronicles Of A Radical Hag

Books about small town America always appeal to me. They tell the story of community and friendship that I'm sure many of us dream of. This book offers just that kind of feeling. The more I read the more I was comparing this to books by Fannie Flagg, another writer who does strong women in small town America very well.

What the women end up with isn't a book of erotica, it's more a self-help book about relationships. As they think about past and present relationships lots of memories are stirred up and they begin to re-examine their current relationships, realising that over time we begin to take those relationships for granted. As feelings are awakened lots of relationships are rejuvenated, there are also some startling confessions. The women also have to deal with some prejudice from members of the church, realising that there are more people supporting them than against them.

Last Circle Of Love by Lorna Landvik will be published on 6th December 2022 in paperback, ebook and audio format. My thanks to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for a review copy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Revenge Club by Kathy Lette (Audiobook)

  Four female friends, all sidelined in some way by men, hatch a plan to wreak revenge. I will freely admit I haven't been near a Kathy ...