Wednesday 2 March 2022

February 2022 Reads


A slight increase in the number of books read this month, it would have been more but I spent quite a lot of February working on jigsaw puzzles. 

The month started with The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett. I was really looking forward to this having recently read The Appeal  and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. If anything this was better than The Appeal. There is a real nostalgia feeling to this book, it took me right back to my childhood and Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Secret Seven books.

Robert Gold's debut novel,  Twelve Secrets, had me gripped from the start - a double murder and a suicide right at the beginning is guaranteed to make the reader want to know what has happened. The thought that the murderers were teenage girls is quite terrifying. 

My favourite read of the month was The People On Platform Five by Clare Pooley. Wonderful characters, particularly Iona and her dog Lulu. The mix of ages and backgrounds of the characters is great, from a teenager to someone in their late fifties. The way that problems are shared and individulas supported is heart-warming.   

My thanks to NetGalley for making some of my February reads available to review. Dates to watch out for are:-

Twelve Secrets by Robert Gold to be published 3rd March 2022

The Match by Harlan Coben (sequel to The Boy From The Woods) published 17th March 2022

The People Next Door by Tony Parsons to be published 31st March 2022

The Game by Scott Kershaw to be published 12th May 2022

The People On Platform Five by Clare Pooley to be published 26th May 2022

Local Gone Missing by Fiona Barton to be published 9th June 2022 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Revenge Club by Kathy Lette (Audiobook)

  Four female friends, all sidelined in some way by men, hatch a plan to wreak revenge. I will freely admit I haven't been near a Kathy ...