Sunday 2 January 2022

December 2021 Reads

 


Unfortunately my reading mojo hasn't returned and I only managed 7 books in December. Keeping everything crossed that there is a return to form in 2022.

None of the seven books I read really blew me away, however nothing I read was really bad. Of the books I read the ones I enjoyed the most were:

You Never Said Goodbye by Luca Veste, a tense thriller with lots of misdirection and plenty of action. I enjoyed the way the different time periods progressed throughout the story.

A change from my normal thriller/crime reading was Impossible by Sarah Lotz. A romance that doesn't sit nicely in the romance genre. Wonderful characters that you are really rooting for.

A new author to me was T. M. Logan and his novel, The Curfew, has made me want to search out his previous novels. The author takes an everyday, family event and really turns it on its head. The story must be the nightmare of every parent who has teenage children.

Once again my thanks to NetGalley for the proofs which allowed me to read these books ahead of their publication dates. Dates to watch out for are:

The Long Weekend by Gilly Macmillan, published 3rd February 2022

The Interview by C. M. Ewan, published 17th February 2022

You Never Said Goodbye by Luca Veste, published 17th February 2022

The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley, published 3rd March 2022

Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson, published 7th March 2022

Impossible by Sarah Lotz, published 17th March 2022

The Curfew by T. M. Logan, published 17th March 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Revenge Club by Kathy Lette (Audiobook)

  Four female friends, all sidelined in some way by men, hatch a plan to wreak revenge. I will freely admit I haven't been near a Kathy ...