Saturday 4 December 2021

November 2021 Reads


After 3 stellar months of reading my mojo finally packed its bag in November and left. I only managed to finish 8 books. It seems strange to say I only finished 8 books when early in 2021 I was lucky to complete 2 or 3 books each month. The number of books I managed had nothing to do with the quality of the books, I simply struggled to focus for any length of time. Fingers crossed things will get back to normal in December.

My favourite book of the month had to be Em & Me by Beth Morrey. I was over the moon when I got a review copy of this as I loved Beth's first novel Saving Missy. Em & Me is a life affirming tale of love, community and determination. If I had to pick a favourite between Beth Morrey's two novels it would have to be Saving Missy but it's a very close race.

Another standout this month was One For Sorrow by Helen Fields. Thrillers are my thing and this pulled no punches. Explosive from the start, with great characters. I just can't believe this is book 7 in a series I'd never heard of. The ending makes you scream out for more.

The other notable read in November was The Blood Tide by Neil Lancaster. This is the second book in the Max Craigie series. Where book 1 in the series was gritty and full of action this book focused more on the intelligence side of anti-corruption policing. An ideal read for the many fans of Line Of Duty.

All of the books in November were courtesy of NetGalley and various publishers:-

The Herd by Emily Edwards, published 3rd February 2022

Em & Me by Beth Morrey, published 3rd February 2022

One For Sorrow by Helen Fields, published 17th February 2022

The Blood Tide by Neil Lancaster, published 31st March 2022

The Patient by Jane Shemilt, published 28th April 2022

A Tidy Ending by Joanna Cannon, published 28th April 2022

No Less The Devil by Stuart MacBride, published 28th April 2022

The Measure by Nikki Erlick, published 7th July 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Revenge Club by Kathy Lette (Audiobook)

  Four female friends, all sidelined in some way by men, hatch a plan to wreak revenge. I will freely admit I haven't been near a Kathy ...