Thursday 14 October 2021

August 2021 Reads

August was my first full month of retirement and I went from 2 or 3 books a month to 16 books. Other than the 140 character comments on Twitter I didn't bother to do any proper reviews, think I was just drunk on the joy of being able to read. So this is just a glimpse of what I read during the month.

I thoroughly enjoyed discovering the Eddie Flynn series of books by Steve Cavanagh, although it did turnout that I'd read "Thirteen" a couple of years ago without realising it was part of a series.

Another series I discovered and loved were the Skelf books by Doug Johnstone

Unfortunately the TBR pile was only reduced by one book but what a book it was. "Where The Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens was a beautiful love story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Revenge Club by Kathy Lette (Audiobook)

  Four female friends, all sidelined in some way by men, hatch a plan to wreak revenge. I will freely admit I haven't been near a Kathy ...